Are you feeling overwhelmed with trying to keep your projects on track? When it comes to threading communications together and trying to keep everyone on the same page, most contractors are walking a thin tightrope.
Keeping a project on track can feel like wishful thinking. Ad hoc meetings, site visits and lengthy phone calls can add hours, if not days to the project timeline.
So what is the answer?
First, it’s about setting expectations and then investing in a documentation process you can rely on.
3D virtual tours are a proven tool that can help you achieve just that.
With 3D virtual tours, you can easily access comprehensive and precise information about a property, enabling you and your team to document progress and make informed decisions without repeat visits.
Benefits of real-time collaboration and feedback in project timelines
On a scale of 1-10, how well are you communicating today? A recent FMI survey of 600 construction leaders found that poor communication and poor project data account for 48 percent of all rework on U.S. construction projects, totaling $31.3 billion per year in avoidable construction costs.1
That’s a lot of money to lose to a problem that could be easily fixed.
Real-time collaboration is an essential aspect of project management, allowing partners to work together seamlessly and efficiently. With the evolution of AEC technology, there are now numerous tools and platforms available to facilitate real-time collaboration. One such tool that has gained popularity in recent years is iGUIDE.
With iGUIDE 3D virtual tours, contractors and partners can access accurate and detailed visual representations of space, enabling them to plan and execute their work more efficiently.
- Enhanced communication: Capture project progress in real-time with virtual 3D reducing the need for additional on-site visits.
- Simplified file sharing: With iGUIDE, digital files can be shared with partners, clients and contractors, team members in real-time.
- 3D digital measuring: Accurate measurement inside the 3D tour. Select two points as you would with a tape and get an accurate measurement. Save time and also prevent errors or delays caused by working on outdated documents.
- Remote bidding: Make requests without a site visit. The 3D virtual measurement and documentation make it easy to request bids remotely.
With its advanced features and intuitive interface, creating an iGUIDE virtual tour is an easy and effective solution for real-time collaboration and feedback.
Improving project timelines with floor plan software
With iGUIDE you can easily capture an existing floor layout, whether it be for a home, office or any other type of space and create a digital representation in minutes. It was designed to be accessible and user-friendly (even if you’re not tech-savvy).
Furthermore, iGUIDE offers drag-and-drop functionality, measurement tools and a wide range of customizable options. Here’s how it works:
- Take site photos using your PLANIX Camera (3,000 sq ft in 15 min) and iGUIDE Survey.
- Align and adjust the floorplan on your phone, tablet or computer and then export to the iGUIDE Portal.
- Advanced AI creates your 3D virtual tour, while our professional drafters process the data, creating your schematic floor plan and DWG file (if requested).
Test drive the technology to see how it can accelerate your project planning here.
Get ready to say goodbye to multiple site visits
Remote collaboration has become a necessity. You’ve probably integrated conferencing software into your everyday practices to help keep everyone on the same page. But chances are it’s still not as effective as you need it to be. Right?
iGUIDE can help you harness your schedule and say goodbye to multiple site visits. Eliminate confusion and take meetings, quotes and permit approvals to the next level using iGUIDE’s 3D virtual tours.
It’s one source of truth for your project.
Everyone can review and access your virtual tour at the same time, avoiding the need for ad hoc meetings, additional site visits and lengthy phone calls. Clients can navigate and zoom in on updates, contractors can view the site and capture measurements for estimates, and officials can get all the data they need to issue permits and approvals.
It’s that simple.
Whether you’re an architect, interior designer, or homeowner looking to renovate, understanding how to use floorplan software like iGUIDE can greatly improve project timelines and ensure a smooth and efficient process.
Real-time collaboration is a game-changer for project management, and iGUIDE offers a comprehensive solution to enhance collaboration and improve project timelines. Embrace iGUIDE and experience the benefits of real-time collaboration in your projects. Book a demo with one of our specialists to see how it can help your project timelines today.