Creating floor plans and 3D virtual tours has become essential for real estate professionals in today’s digital age. These assets provide potential buyers with an immersive experience, allowing them to explore properties from the comfort of their own homes. One of the most popular platforms for creating these virtual tours is iGUIDE.
In this article, we’ll share the best practices for creating property-accurate floor plans and virtual tours using iGUIDE.
82% of buyers are more likely to request a tour if a listing includes floor plans
To create the best virtual experience, keep these 2 steps in mind:
- Have the right tools for the task
- Properly plan your shots to give the best tour
Choosing the right equipment
To create high-quality virtual experiences, it’s important to start with the right equipment.
- iGUIDE Camera System: The iGUIDE PLANIX camera is calibrated to ensure the time-of-flight lidar scanner provides data used in iGUIDE floor plans and area calculations that adhere to the ANSI-Z765-2021 and RECA RMS 2017 standards
- Tripod: Invest in a quality tripod to help ensure your images are steady and not blurry.
- Digital storage: High-capacity USB memory sticks are the most versatile option. You plug them directly into your iGUIDE PLANIX Camera, making the process as plug-and-play as possible.
- Lighting: This isn’t required, but is certainly recommended. Explore adjustable LED panel lights and diffusers to achieve consistent, shadow-free results, ensuring your scans capture every detail with precision and clarity.
With these tools in hand, you’re ready to showcase the property in the best possible way, giving potential buyers an accurate representation of the space.
Planning your scans
Before you begin capturing scans for your virtual tour, it’s essential to plan your route throughout the property strategically. You’ll want to avoid obstacles such as people, pets and spaces that are not ready to be scanned. iGUIDE provides feedback with real-time data showing coverage to give you a sense of where you have been and have yet to go. This will prevent you from missing key information when scanning.
Remember to scan the intersection points where hallways meet rooms (kitchens, bedrooms, etc.)to improve the overall experience of the tour. You should be able to capture an entire property (up to 3,000 sq ft) in 15 minutes or less.
Capturing high-quality images
When capturing images for your virtual tour, quality is critical. Proper lighting will help showcase the property in its best form and highlight its unique features. Take multiple shots of each room from different angles to capture the entire perspective. A high-quality tripod is vital so you can keep the camera steady to avoid motion blur, as this can reduce the resolution of the images and make the virtual tour less visually appealing.
Utilizing iGUIDE’s features
iGUIDE offers a range of features that can enhance your virtual tour and provide a more immersive experience for potential buyers.
- Real-time tagging: Use tags to highlight key areas of interest using on-site photos, videos and descriptions right in the 3D virtual tour.
- Analytics: Valuable insights about the actions you can take based on where your 3D tours real estate is receiving the highest amount of traffic and from whom. Utilize this information about traffic, customers, and viewing duration to assist you in making strategic decisions.
- Branding: The branding feature lets you personalize the iGUIDE interface by showcasing a banner at the top of the screen.
- Google Street View: An iGUIDE can be captured, processed, and sent to Google Street View. This provides individuals with a quick and simple method to virtually explore the property location prior to their physical visit.
Additionally, iGUIDE’s measurement tool can help buyers determine the size of rooms and ensure that their furniture will fit properly. By utilizing these features, you can provide valuable information to potential buyers and increase their confidence in the property.
Creating high-value virtual tours with iGUIDE is an effective way to showcase properties and attract potential buyers in the competitive real estate market. By following these best practices, you can ensure that your virtual tours are engaging and visually appealing. Remember to choose the right equipment, plan your shots, capture high-quality images and utilize iGUIDE’s features. By doing so, you’ll create virtual tours that stand out and leave a lasting impression on potential buyers. Add iGUIDE to your real estate toolkit. Request a free demo today!